Thursday, January 29, 2009

What Spills Out

When I was home for Christmas I went to my youth pastor's church. He gave an object lesson along with his message: when you have a cup filled to the brim, the slightest movement or bump in any direction causes what is in the cup to spill out. The same is true of our lives, whatever we are full of spills out when we are bumped. 
I thought of this lesson because on the trolley tonight (yesterday) there was a girl who I would say was full of anger; she was beraiding someone on the phone for the smallest thing. The anger in her voice over the fact that the other person was not there to pick her up reflected something darker inside. This made me think of the sermon and how true it is. Then I wonder: what I am full of and what is spilling out of me?

No comments:

Post a Comment